Saturday, February 7, 2009

Maneki Neko




If you have a chance to pick up this book, I highly recommend it for anyone who has extra socks. The sock creatures in it are adorable, and would be great for small children, or anyone who needs cheering up. I made this "maneki neko" style cat with just a pair of socks, stuffing, and some embroidery floss.

In addition to sewing up some adorable friends, I finished my first sweater over the holidays. I'm just getting around to posting it now because I've been pretty busy. The pattern is the "Hela" sweater, free from Istex's website. However, I made it with Reynolds, instead...I'm told its the same yarn. It is EXTREMELY warm, suitable for the coldest days of winter. I wear it under my jacket, and it completely blocks the wind. I end up sweating outdoors in 10 degree weather sometimes.

Here's the Ravelry link!

No comments:

Post a Comment