Friday, August 13, 2010

Cold-brewed coffee

For a long time I've been making iced tea by letting tea bags soak for a long time in warm or room-temperature water.  Recently though, I found out that this could also be done with coffee grounds. The cold brewing process supposedly produces a flavorful cup of coffee that is not acidic, and I really hate acidic coffee. I've been meaning to try it out, but since Betsey is in town this week and she bought some good coffee, I finally got to try it out and the results are fantastic!

Unfortunately I didn't take pictures of the process, but I did follow these instructions, which are pretty clearly laid out, with images included.  The result is a very flavorful cup of coffee that can be enjoyed hot or cold.

This was the best picture I could get before guzzling this down.  

The only change I made to the instructions was to skip diluting the coffee by half with water, and simply added the brewed coffee liquid 1 to 1 with almond milk.  I feel this would be just as delicious as adding condensed milk, and who has that sitting around, anyway?  At this point, I added sweetener and either microwaved it or added ice.  Yum.


No comments:

Post a Comment