Sunday, January 29, 2012

The Pizza Stone

My husband has been suggesting to me that we get a pizza stone for the past several years.  Ms. T has one and he likes her caking so he has been bugging me about it. I'm not usually the kind of person to want to buy odd-ish kitchen accessories, so I never bothered to get one. We were having pizza tonight, so since I had to work, Zach was supposed to get the supplies.  Well, when I came home we had a brand new pizza stone.


As usual, the right tools make all the difference.  Our pizza tonight was fantastic!  It really tasted like a restaurant's pizza or even delivery.  The bottom was crispy and the crust was perfect. Delicious.

I recommend this crust.  I replaced about 1/4 of the flour with whole-wheat bread flour and let it rise in the fridge for about 6 hours.  Baked at 450 F for 25 minutes on the stone.  We topped ours with onion mushroom, red pepper, mozzarella and myzithra cheeses and garlic.

1 comment:

  1. Yay! I cannot imagine making pizza without a baking stone now. You should try making bread with it too. It's amazing.

    ReplyDelete