Tuesday, April 24, 2012

April

Whew!  The last two weeks have been a whirlwind.  Ever since we got back from vacation it's been sunny enough out to actually garden and do yard work, and there is plenty about our yard to keep us busy. Luckily, since I got a new camera, I'll be able to tell my story all in pictures!  How exciting.  They all zoom really large, too.
Last week we went on a cruise to the Caribbean.    It was so awesome to get away somewhere sunny  after months and months of darkness here in Oregon.  I had no idea how vitamin D deficient I was.  I currently have more energy than I can remember having for years!  


While we were gone our tree exploded into bright pink blossoms.   I have no idea what kind of tree it is, but I've seen a few of them around here.  We've been gardening a LOT.  

This is our back yard.  Yep, just a tiny walkway with  a RED RASPBERRY patch growing on the side.  The canes will arch over towards the house in the summertime, so we're going to have to find a way to keep them all neat and organized.  This path was mud and weeds yesterday and now we've reclaimed it with teamwork.

I've gone vegan since we returned from the trip and I haven't been hating it too bad.  I think I'm going to try to be moderate about it and only do it like 5 days a week and then eat regular vegetarian on the weekends.  Best ease into it.  This is a raw vegan apple pie (just the crust in this picture).  I have the recipe ready for you to try.  It's freaking fabulous.

The pie with all the apples in it.  Yum!  To be fair, I'm not a raw vegan and making a regular pie with margarine would be easy enough, but I've been dying to make one of these and I took up the opportunity to make something that is semi-good for you.  Dates have tons of sugar, though, so none is actually added to the pie.  Enjoy it with a glass of iced rose tea, for a no-sugar-added dessert. 
So other than that, I've met some of my more lovely neighbors and gotten to know them a bit.  I can't wait for summertime here in Oregon, it's great.

Here's your pie recipe:  http://notsoaveragemama.com/2011/08/29/raw-apple-pie-a-yummy-good-for-you-recipe/

No comments:

Post a Comment