Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Cabin Fever

Beginning Friday evening, we got crippling amounts of snow here in Pittsburgh. 21+ inches in some areas, and traffic has been nearly halted since Saturday. No plowing, no salting here in the city. Not being the kind to sit it out inside, Zach and I have been out every single day in the snow....Being out in the cold air is definitely TIRING. Sunday we walked to Point Breeze from our apartment in Shadyside (45 minutes in all this snow) for a Superbowl gathering with friends. I actually think I'm going crazy though. I cleaned up a bunch yesterday, and went through my cabinets. Zach has been playing a lot of video games. I shouldn't complain though...its my last year in this kind of snow!

Moving to Portland: We are beginning to pack up. We'll be staying in this apartment until its time to leave rather than moving in with Ben. I'm waiting on the results of my job interview this week. If I get it I'll be leaving a whole month earlier. More than likely, however, I won't and we'll be going in Mid-may. This also determines when and probably where we'll be getting an apartment.

Knitting: I've been working on a sweater since a few days after X-mas, and I'm finally almost done with the sleeve. Its the Garter Yoke Cardigan by Melissa LaBarre. It'll be up on Ravelry soon enough. I plan on putting some embroidery onto it, I'm really looking forward to finishing it so that I can get down to business with that. Pics asap.

No comments:

Post a Comment