Sunday, February 28, 2010

Fauxsage Biscuits and Gravy

On the weekends I usually make breakfast...its a good break from my regular routine of cold cereal(which I love) and a great chance to practice my culinary skills.

Last year during my unfortunate stint as a graduate student, one of my friends made this for me: Sausage Gravy with Biscuits, with Morningstar Farms vegetarian sausage in place of the real thing. She made it with a white gravy packet and Bisquick, however this morning my gravy packet(I usually have one on hand) was nowhere to be found.

Luckily for me, I found that making the real thing isn't actually much harder than opening a packet. I found this recipe. Replacing the lard with butter (cutting it in half, too) and of course the real sausage with MSF sausage, I whipped up the whole entire breakfast in less than 20 minutes.

How's it taste?  Just about the same as the original.   A little less greasy, but if you never told anyone about the changes you've made, I doubt anyone could put their finger on exactly what the difference is, though I'm sure some people would claim to be able to.

More about my latest knitting adventures in my next post, I promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment